Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo 2014!

     It's that time of year again, it is time for NaNoWrimo! This is the first year I will be participating. For those of you who do not know what NaNoWriMo is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. It takes place in November, in which you must write 50,000 words to win. A girl I know has actually won and became a published author. That is my goal. Today is day 3, and my word count is at 6,048 and I'm not finished yet.

     This year, I'm combining a few topics into my novel including, love, family, murder, and suicide. As of now, this is all I'm sharing. If you want more information on what I'm writing about or daily updates comment down below. I am prepared for long nights of writing which means I'm going to need a lot of caffeine and candy! Let's not forget about the ice cream too. This also means, I'm not getting much reading done, therefore less blogging. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Good luck to the other participants and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOUR: Six Truths and a Lie by Ream Shukairy

Six Truths and a Lie by Ream Shukairy Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Publishing Date: March 14, 2024 Synopsis: Six Muslim teens are falsely accused of a deadly attack in this timely and harrowing examination of Americas justice system, perfect for fans of Angie Thomas and Samira Ahmed. As fireworks pop at a rowdy Fourth of July bonfire party, an explosion off the California coast levels an oil rig and a beach town is left reeling from the aftermath of tragedy. At the center are six Muslim teens. An old soul stuck in a modern world. An aspiring doctor caught in the wrong place. An influencer with a reputation to protect. A perfect daughter with secrets. A soccer star headed for Stanford. An immigrant in love. Six strangers with something to hide and everything to lose. Faced with accusations of terrorism, the Six are caught in a political game that will pit them against one another. As police investigate what really happened that night, which secrets will be worth the cost of freedom? ...

REVIEW: Dry by Neal and Jarrod Shusterman

This story follows the devastating consequences of climate change through a fictional but chillingly realistic severe drought in Southern California that turns neighbors against one another and our always growing cast of characters are forced to do whatever it takes to survive when the taps run dry.  I enjoyed this story especially as a low commitment stand alone with a gripping plot. I enjoyed how the various characters were built into the story, but never became too hard to keep track. I didn’t particularly adore any of the main characters and I’m sorry but I just kept picturing Kelton as an older version of the annoying kid from Polar Express but luckily I really liked his (much needed) character growth. I still found myself crying a little at the end scenes so clearly they got me invested in the end. It felt pretty realistic (sadly) and a true representation of the darkness inside humanity that we’ve seen glimpses of lately. I actually had to go get myself some water while read...

Book Haul!

     I have collected quite a few books recently and have been dying to share!    In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken - This book is the third and final book in the Darkest Minds trilogy. It follows Ruby and the friends she makes along her journey. The children in the world have been affected by a disease giving them one of the powers below, which are categorized by colors.       1. Greens- Intellengence       2. Blues- telekinesis       3. Yellows- electricity       4. Oranges- mind control       5. Reds- fire             The unaffected adults have put the kids in basically what are concentration camps. Ruby escapes with the help of a friendly adult and meets people along the way of trying to find the cure and free the camps. She faces plenty of difficulties along the way. It has one of the best r...