Skip to main content

Book Haul!

     I have collected quite a few books recently and have been dying to share!


  

In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken- This book is the third and final book in the Darkest Minds trilogy. It follows Ruby and the friends she makes along her journey. The children in the world have been affected by a disease giving them one of the powers below, which are categorized by colors. 

     1. Greens- Intellengence 
     2. Blues- telekinesis 
     3. Yellows- electricity 
     4. Oranges- mind control 
     5. Reds- fire 
     
     The unaffected adults have put the kids in basically what are concentration camps. Ruby escapes with the help of a friendly adult and meets people along the way of trying to find the cure and free the camps. She faces plenty of difficulties along the way. It has one of the best romances I've ever read, and is full of action. This trilogy is definitely one of my favorites of all time. 


Legend by Marie Lu- This is the first book in the Legend trilogy. I basically know nothing about this book other than it has dual perspective and it is dystopian. I've heard that it is action packed and has some romance. Sounds like a new favorite too me! I can't wait to read it. 


Magisterium: The Iron Trials by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare- this was a must-have for me considering Cassandra Clare had something to do with it! I love everything she has every written. I know Holly Black is an Incredible writer as well. I also know very little about this book other than it follows a boy named Callum and MAGIC.  I know, I know, it sounds like Harry Potter. Yet, I feel that it is insane to comparethe two series just because they have magic in them. I'm am SUPER. Excited to read this. 


Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer- These are the first two books in the Lunar Chrinicles Series. They are fairy tale retellings (which I love!) I know that the first one is a retellings of Cinderella and that the main character, Cinder, is a cyborg. That was enough to draw me in. 


Marched trilogy by Ally Condie- I have heard very mixed reviews on these books. My teacher read the trilogy and loved them. I'm dying to find out what these books are even about. (Hey Mallory, did you ever think about reading a synopsis?) I hate reading to much about the books before I read them for two reasons, 1. I want to be surprised and have a honest opinion on the book. 2. SPOILERS! 


The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks- I received this book as a gift from my friend. I refused to see the movie without reading the book, so she got it for me. Though I've yet to read it, it sounds good. Yes I did read the synopsis. A young couple falls in love and then something forces them apart. Then, they run into each other and fall back in love. I think. Okay, so it's been a while since I've read the back cover, but hey I tried!


 
Sylo by D. J. MacHale- I bought this book because of the cover. I know it has something to do with the army taking over an island (off of New York, maybe?) because of a serious disease outbreak. The back cover says "They came from the sky." All I know, is that it sounds freaking awesome. 



So these are all the books I've collected lately, I think. I hope you enjoyed this haul! Don't forget to follow me here, and on bloglovin'. Feel free to comment your thoughts on my terrible ability to describe a book or even know what it's about for that matter! 


Comments

  1. These are great books, Mal! Have you read these yet? I'm really going to have to start on the Lunar Chronicles too, they look awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of them but In the Afterlight! Thanks! I've heard great things from the Lunar Chronicles.

      Delete
  2. YASSSS to the Lunar Chronicles! By far my favorite series, Ugh I just love Cinder & Cress they're definitely my girls. I haven't heard anything good about The Matched Trilogy, so I'm going to pass on that. I have Alantia by her, and there's mixed reviews on that too. But since I bought it, I might as well read it. I want to read Best of Me before I see the movie as well. I need to pick it up in the movie cover edition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely made me put cinder on the top of my TBR now! Im really excited for the rest of the books you mentioned too.

      Delete
  3. Hey Mal! Tagged you in the Christmas Gift Guide Tag! http://mischievousreads.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-christmas-gift-guide-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read INA! Read and loved the first 2 books!

    Legend is absolutely amazing!!1 LOVE IT SO MUCH!! <3 <3 :D

    I can't wait to start Magistrium and Lunar Chronicles!!! So excited!!

    Great post, hope you enjoy all these books! :)
    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books

    PS Following you! Wanna follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOUR: Sunkissed by Kasie West (Review + Book Look)

  Sunkissed by  Kasie West Genre:  Young Adult Contemporary Publishing Date:  May 4, 2021 A lighthearted and swoony contemporary YA romance by fan - favorite author Kasie West about a  girl who finds that a summer spent at a family resort  isn’t as bad as she imagined...and that falling  in love is filled with heartache, laughter, and surprises! After being betrayed by her best friend, Avery is hoping for a picture - perfect summer. Too bad her  parents have dragged her and her sister to a remote family camp for the entire summer. And that’s  not even the worst part. Avery also has to deal with no internet, a cute but off - limits staff member,  and an always - in - her - face sister. But what starts as a disaster turns into a whirlwind summer romance as A very embarks on an  unexpected journey to figure out what she truly wants and who she wants to be.  | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository | Indigo | IndieBound | MY BOOK LOOK MY REVIEW What it's about:   

REVIEW: Unchosen by Katharyn Blair

  PLOT:  Charlotte thought her childhood crush, Dean, falling in love with her older sister was the end of her world, until the real end came with the Crimson, a curse that is spread though eye contact, transforming humans into monsters. Her older sister in now the Commander of their settlement, while her younger sister, Vanessa, is the Chosen One— the one destined to end the curse, meaning Charlotte is still stuck in their shadows. When they are raided, Charlotte declares herself the Chosen One in order to save her sisters, and she must keep up her lie if she wants to keep them and Dean safe, and better yet, stay alive herslef. This Is her chance to define her own destiny and try to save thee world.   MY THOUGHTS: If I had to describe this book in one word it would be captivating. I have never read anything quite like it. The concept, the most unique twist on a zombie-like-apocalypse (emphasis on like) I’ve ever encountered, was amazing! Sea captains, curses, action, romance, morally

August TBR!

     I cant believe August is here already! Back-to-school season is here and that means summer is coming to an end. The start of a new month also means a new pile of books that I want to read. August has some very worthy books, so lets get started! #1 Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins ( Anna and the French Kiss #3)      Let's face it! This is on everyone's TBR. This is the third book in the series. Stephanie Perkins novels are the perfect mourning period read. I recommend you start the series ASAP! This book will hit shelves August 14th. #2 Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout ( Lux series #5)       I am reading the fourth book in this series and boy am I loving it! This series is fast-paced and the characters are swoon worthy! Its never to late to begin especially with the new fancy covers! This book will be available August 5th. #3 Magnolia by Kristie Cook       In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi the Cafferty and Marsden families are the