Skip to main content

November Wrap-Up & December TBR!

     Hello and welcome back to Mallory Books! Today I'll be sharing the books I managed to read in November, and the books I want to read in December. Although I was unable to finish a lot of books in November, I only need four more books to compete my Goodreads Challenge!

November Wrap-up

     November was a very hard month for me. I was unable to read as much as I usually do for certain reasons. I did complete two books I'm the hectic month. 

  1. Born at Midnight by C. C. Hunter - I REALLY enjoyed this book. It follows sixteen year old Kylie Galen who is sent to a camp for troubled teens after her parents divorce, or so she thought. When she arrives she notices the other teems aren't normal, in fact they are freaks! Then, she realizes maybe she is too. On her journey of finding out who- or rather what- she is, she makes friends and falls in love. 5/5 stars for me! I loved the mysterious/supernatural feel to this book! 
  2. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This follows a teen boy named Clay. He receives a mysterious package addressed to him. He opens the box only to find that it contains thirteen cassette tapes with numbers painted on them. As he listens to the first one he immediately recognizes the voice to be Hannah Baker, but that can't be right because she is dead. She committed suicide not to long ago. The tapes were sent to thirteen people who were the reason why she did it. Clay wonders what he could have done to end up on the list, the only thing he knew about Hannah was that she was in love with her. We ride an emotional roller coaster with Clay as he listens to all the tapes, and realizes everything Hannah went through. He began hating people for the things they did. When he got to the tape that Hannah started with his name he finds out the truth. This emotional story was definitely a 5/5 star story. 

December TBR

     I plan on doing a lot of reading in December! I can't believe it is already here! It feels funny looks out to see the snow on the ground and the Christmas tree in my living room! Here are the books I want to read in this wintery month!


  1. Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter- this is the sequel to Born at Midnight so I won't be sharing the synopsis. I'm really exited to plunge back into this world!
  2. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling- All seven books, yes, all seven!! Who knows if I can complete this crazy goal, but I'm up for the challenge. I will be participating in the #harryxmastoyou readawatchalongathon that Youtuber Maureen Keavy is hosting with some other youtubers. We will be tackling the task of watching all seven books and eight movies! 
  3. Legend by Marie Lu - I recently got a whole lot of new books (haul soon!) and legend was one of them. I know very little about the story other than it is dystopian and in dual-perspective. I've heard nothing but good things from my friends who have read it! Possibly a new favorite? 
     
     That is all I have today for you guys! Please comment what you read in November and your December TBR. If you enjoyed this post don't forget to follow my blog and on bloglovin' ( link on the side) I hope you enjoyed this! 

Comments

  1. You guys have snow already?! It's crazy that we live only a couple of hours away from each other, but our weather is so different. Just monday I believe it was 75 degrees! You know I was out enjoying the warmth. I read Thirteen Reasons Why and cried my eyes out. I wasn't expect to be affected by the story, but I definitely was! I also want to read The Legend Trilogy, but instead I picked up The Young Elites, so if I like her writing, then I'll continue on to her other works. It's so good to see you back Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally it is letting me reply! Our weather is so crazy here, one week it's snowing and the next its 70 degrees! Thirteen Reasons Why was extremely affecting. I'm really looking forward to reading some of Marie Lu's writing. I'm so happy I'm back! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really curious about the Legend books by Marie Lu, I'm going to have to add that to my TBR. I've been wanting to read Thirteen Reasons Why but I haven't got to, but will surely do soon! Great picks, by the way! I'm pretty sure you'll finish the Harry Potter series real quick because Winter break! :D Glad to have you back Mal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am already on the second Harry Potter book! Although I've already read all the books, I haven't reread them all in ages!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOUR: Sunkissed by Kasie West (Review + Book Look)

  Sunkissed by  Kasie West Genre:  Young Adult Contemporary Publishing Date:  May 4, 2021 A lighthearted and swoony contemporary YA romance by fan - favorite author Kasie West about a  girl who finds that a summer spent at a family resort  isn’t as bad as she imagined...and that falling  in love is filled with heartache, laughter, and surprises! After being betrayed by her best friend, Avery is hoping for a picture - perfect summer. Too bad her  parents have dragged her and her sister to a remote family camp for the entire summer. And that’s  not even the worst part. Avery also has to deal with no internet, a cute but off - limits staff member,  and an always - in - her - face sister. But what starts as a disaster turns into a whirlwind summer romance as A very embarks on an  unexpected journey to figure out what she truly wants and who she wants to be.  | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository | Indigo | IndieBound | MY BOOK LOOK MY REVIEW What it's about:   

REVIEW: Unchosen by Katharyn Blair

  PLOT:  Charlotte thought her childhood crush, Dean, falling in love with her older sister was the end of her world, until the real end came with the Crimson, a curse that is spread though eye contact, transforming humans into monsters. Her older sister in now the Commander of their settlement, while her younger sister, Vanessa, is the Chosen One— the one destined to end the curse, meaning Charlotte is still stuck in their shadows. When they are raided, Charlotte declares herself the Chosen One in order to save her sisters, and she must keep up her lie if she wants to keep them and Dean safe, and better yet, stay alive herslef. This Is her chance to define her own destiny and try to save thee world.   MY THOUGHTS: If I had to describe this book in one word it would be captivating. I have never read anything quite like it. The concept, the most unique twist on a zombie-like-apocalypse (emphasis on like) I’ve ever encountered, was amazing! Sea captains, curses, action, romance, morally

August TBR!

     I cant believe August is here already! Back-to-school season is here and that means summer is coming to an end. The start of a new month also means a new pile of books that I want to read. August has some very worthy books, so lets get started! #1 Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins ( Anna and the French Kiss #3)      Let's face it! This is on everyone's TBR. This is the third book in the series. Stephanie Perkins novels are the perfect mourning period read. I recommend you start the series ASAP! This book will hit shelves August 14th. #2 Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout ( Lux series #5)       I am reading the fourth book in this series and boy am I loving it! This series is fast-paced and the characters are swoon worthy! Its never to late to begin especially with the new fancy covers! This book will be available August 5th. #3 Magnolia by Kristie Cook       In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi the Cafferty and Marsden families are the