Hello and welcome back to Mallory Books! Today I'll be sharing the books I managed to read in November, and the books I want to read in December. Although I was unable to finish a lot of books in November, I only need four more books to compete my Goodreads Challenge!
November was a very hard month for me. I was unable to read as much as I usually do for certain reasons. I did complete two books I'm the hectic month.
- Born at Midnight by C. C. Hunter - I REALLY enjoyed this book. It follows sixteen year old Kylie Galen who is sent to a camp for troubled teens after her parents divorce, or so she thought. When she arrives she notices the other teems aren't normal, in fact they are freaks! Then, she realizes maybe she is too. On her journey of finding out who- or rather what- she is, she makes friends and falls in love. 5/5 stars for me! I loved the mysterious/supernatural feel to this book!
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This follows a teen boy named Clay. He receives a mysterious package addressed to him. He opens the box only to find that it contains thirteen cassette tapes with numbers painted on them. As he listens to the first one he immediately recognizes the voice to be Hannah Baker, but that can't be right because she is dead. She committed suicide not to long ago. The tapes were sent to thirteen people who were the reason why she did it. Clay wonders what he could have done to end up on the list, the only thing he knew about Hannah was that she was in love with her. We ride an emotional roller coaster with Clay as he listens to all the tapes, and realizes everything Hannah went through. He began hating people for the things they did. When he got to the tape that Hannah started with his name he finds out the truth. This emotional story was definitely a 5/5 star story.
I plan on doing a lot of reading in December! I can't believe it is already here! It feels funny looks out to see the snow on the ground and the Christmas tree in my living room! Here are the books I want to read in this wintery month!
- Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter- this is the sequel to Born at Midnight so I won't be sharing the synopsis. I'm really exited to plunge back into this world!
- The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling- All seven books, yes, all seven!! Who knows if I can complete this crazy goal, but I'm up for the challenge. I will be participating in the #harryxmastoyou readawatchalongathon that Youtuber Maureen Keavy is hosting with some other youtubers. We will be tackling the task of watching all seven books and eight movies!
- Legend by Marie Lu - I recently got a whole lot of new books (haul soon!) and legend was one of them. I know very little about the story other than it is dystopian and in dual-perspective. I've heard nothing but good things from my friends who have read it! Possibly a new favorite?
That is all I have today for you guys! Please comment what you read in November and your December TBR. If you enjoyed this post don't forget to follow my blog and on bloglovin' ( link on the side) I hope you enjoyed this!